Trained as a Paediatrician and Neonatologist, the dynamics of Medical Education in the context of Preventive Paediatrics and Innovative Learning constitute the focus of his scholarly interests. Known to be devoted to innovation in education at the local and international levels, he was appointed the Chairman of the Clinical Skills Laboratory Implementation Committee of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN).
An international Grants Management Consultant, Cost-Saving Expert and Master-Trainer in Education Management, he has attracted grants from and executed projects for the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) of USA, National Universities Commission (NUC), Petroleum Trust Fund, Rivers State Government, Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND), as well as the McArthur Foundation of Chicago, whose Clerking Skills Laboratory Project at the University of Port Harcourt [the first such facility in Africa to use digital technology to capture the learning and assessment of clerking skills] was completed in 2011. A similar facility, initiated by him and funded by the TETFUND, was completed in April 2014, at the Enugu State University of Technology Teaching Hospital, in Enugu.
- Was Chairman of the Professional Ethics Committee of University of Port Harcourt, up to June 2013.
- Has been Dean, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, University of Port Harcourt (2003-2005).
- Has been Chairman of the University Health Services Development Committee.
- Has been Chairman of the Postgraduate Committee of the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital.
- Pioneered the application of the do-step-approach to the learning of clinical skills in medicine 
- Was Visiting Professor of Medical Education for one year at the U.T.M.B, Texas, U.S.A. March 1996.
- Wrote a landmark innovative paper, for the very first time applying the ‘Bloom’s taxonomy of the Cognitive domain’ to Clinical Reasoning, and thus, bringing the process subject to objective audit.
- Introduced the use of standardized check-off sheets for learning and assessment of clinical skills.
- Promoted the idea of standardized clinical summary and clinical reasoning format, which research was funded by NUC, and results of which informed the use of same formats in the medical schools.
- Along with Professor J.C. Azubuike edited the first and current second edition of the multi-authored (77 authors) textbook – Paediatrics and Child Health in a Tropical region [Replacing “Jolly” as standard text].
- Was the Training Coordinator for the Faculty of Paediatrics of the West African College of Physicians.
- Along with Professors B.C. Ibe, C. Ezechukwu, K. Osinusi, F. Njokanma & others, reviewed the Curriculum of the Faculty of Paediatrics of the West African College of Physicians & the NPMCN.
- Is credited with several published research and opinion articles in indexed peer reviewed periodicals
Prefers to be described as an eternal student of LEARNING:
1. Appreciates blessings.
2. Treasures goodwill & honours commitments, regardless of cost.
1. Addicted to Nigeria.
2. May be brutally frank, without jeopardising System integrity.