This unit is headed by an instructional designer. The Instructional Designer has the responsibility to design and develop learning experiences. His functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to identify what students need to learn.
- Develop objectives and ensure the content matches those objectives
- Revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs.
- Structure content and activities for student learning.
- Create media to support learning. These include visual and audio materials for face-to-face instruction, various multimedia for e-learning and online instruction.
- Develop assessments based on field tests and actual use feedback.
- Adapt existing resources created for one format to another format, as with adapting materials from face-to-face to e-learning.
This unit is being headed by an educational technologist/Instructional systems technologist with ICT experience.
Will work with ICT Consultants to implement ICT in teaching and learning.
Teach courses on technology integration & instructional techniques to staff & other Clients.
Assist in-lab users of e-learning during class activities.
- Conduct/coordinate research on ICT in teaching and learning.
- Collaborate with the instructional designer on current research findings in human learning as the basis for developing new products for both classroom and e-learning.
- Publish CIIT Journals.